Photoshop isn't an option. What else is good?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dgrogers
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,688Gear list
Like?
Photoshop isn't an option. What else is good?
10 months ago

Years ago (over a decade, before Corel bought the package) I tried some version of PaintShop Pro.  I couldn't stand how slow it was and hated how it dealt with color (color management seemed non existent and the colors of my photos were way off).  I then moved to Corel PhotoPaint in the CorelDraw suite.  I really liked this setup until I started shooting RAW.  Now I'm looking to get back into photography and want good editing software.

First, I am not looking to spend a fortune.  I am not sure if I am eligible for the Corel Draw upgrade version since the version I got was a freebie that came with a computer, but will be looking in to it.  I also will not participate in that monthly fee scam from Adobe or any other company.

So with all that in mind, what photo editing software would you recommend?  Color management and layers are a must.  Third party filters and RAW support are desirable.  I also want unsharp mask and all the other typical tools, of course.

-- hide signature --

Completely infatuated with the "OMG"

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow