Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
charpi
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Deciding between the X-T1 and the X-E2
7 months ago

Hi, first of all, apologies for creating another "help me" thread, but I really couldn't find advice anywhere else. I was on the X-T1 bandwagon at first but slowly the X-E2 appealed to me more.

Sure, XT-1 would be better for me, but I'm sure XE-2 would be sufficient, especially for $400 cheaper.

- I don't really mind an "inferior" EVF. I've been using the X100S EVF for a few months and I'm perfectly happy with it.

- I don't need weather sealing. I live in a tropical country.

Only "iffy" point of the X-T1 and the X-E2 for me is the 8fps vs 3fps continuous AF tracking. I don't shoot high-action sports, but I definitely need the AF-C to be able to track kids sprinting around or pets scampering about. In terms of FPS, it doesn't really bother me. What I am concerned about is the <b>accuracy</b> of the autofocus. Would the X-T1 (with it's new circuitry) nail a higher percentage of in-focus shots than the X-E2? This is especially important especially I plan to use it with the 56mm f1.2 wide open. Also, for normal AF-S autofocus, would there be much difference?

Some considerations for me:

- I can afford the X-E2 kit + 56mm f1.2 now

- Or I can buy the X-T1 kit and save for another 2-3 months for the 56mm f1.2

Thanks a lot for your opinions.

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow