Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,708
Like?
Re: Do you shoot RAW, if so only one tablet can do it..
In reply to jtosbo00, 7 months ago

jtosbo00 wrote:

I've gone several tablets as A Project Manager for a web & mobile app development team of 17 employees. The iPad is by far the tablet that team would choose for everyday use including for photo PP. In case you are wondering if there might be favoritism among my team members, only one person uses Mac (Macbook Pro) for work while the rest are using Windows or Unix laptops or desktops. Some despise Apple. Despite this, all choose Apple iOS devices especially during testing. The surface tablets are often the last ones on the table for the poor intern. I would not touch a windows tablet as it is struggling in the mobile sector and may be killed. Also, Lightroom is rumored to be coming to iOS devices soon as of 2 weeks ago. Personally, after trying all three platforms, iPad is my everyday personal use and I PP in raw format.

Here's a quote from Tom Hogarty at Adobe re the Lightroom for IOS

"During the show, Hogarty showed off editing for RAW photo formats, including Lightroom Develop-module parameters like exposure, clarity, shadows, highlights, and white balance. At this point, a lot of these editing features consume too much processing power to work on a tablet, so heavy edits are relegated to the PC. "Please notice that if I touched on some of these, the iPad itself would explode," Hogarty joked about some of the not-yet-active options on the Lightroom tablet app (right).

Ideally, however, the solution being developed by Adobe will allow for on-the-go edits, including 100 percent zoom, which will be synchronized via the cloud on the PC. Right now, photo editors can "kluge things together with Dropbox and other things that will move data around, but it's not going to be as efficient," he said. As host Scott Kelby noted, Dropbox also does not support RAW images and converts them to JPEG.

"I just want to be able to sit there with my mobile device and enjoy my time with photography, wherever I am, with whatever device I have and not be tethered to a laptop anymore," Hogarty said."

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow