I don't normally use 1200mm for portraits, but . . .

Started Oct 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,660Gear list
Like?
Re: Good. Wish you could post original to see the difference after post processing.
In reply to MarioV, 8 months ago

MarioV wrote:

VisionLight wrote:

Paraphrasing Ansel Adams, the original "SOOC" is only the score. What's more important is its presentation by the conductor with an orchestra. The owl I hope is such a presentation.

Well said, Ed.

Showing the end result demonstrates what the camera is capable of - IF you take time to learn some skills. People expect professional photos sooc without any effort on their part.

Which is also what myself and others like Dale and Murry and Don have been attempting to point out in another current thread here. No matter what the endeavor or equipment, success takes effort and imagination of the outcome. And the knowledge how to get there, either with or despite the tools.

Its like showing someone around your house prior to having had a chance to tidy up. Why would you?

It's a good thing I tidied up before showing my kitchen. Before this, it was just a pile of oak timber in my workshop next to the tools I took the effort to learn how to use. The outcome was already in that wood. It just had to be coaxed out:

Remember this wide field flash test under multiple lightings from my SX50 review?

How about,

Nice painting! Show us what it looked like before?

Yeah, it was a blank canvas.

I love a blank canvas. So much opportunity. And that's a lot of what it's all about. Giving ourselves the chance to take opportunity and create.

Thanks for your thoughts Mario. It's always good to hear from you.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow