Upgrading to full frame. Deciding the lenses.

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marczxc
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Upgrading to full frame. Deciding the lenses.
8 months ago

Hi there!

I'm about to upgrade from a 40D to full frame (Canon 6D), but I'm quite undecided for the lenses at the moment.

Since I shoot mostly landscapes and then a bit of everything else, my original idea was to start with the 24-105 and then an ultra wide like the Sigma 12-24. But a I recently found out that the Sigma cannot support any filters, and since I am a ND lover, it left me disappointed.

I am now thinking of changing completely my original plan and getting a 17-40 + 50mm 1.4 instead. In this way I'd lose the versatility and tele of the 24-105, gaining a wider and (probably) a better lens at 50mm (I used to love the 50mm 1.8 on my 450D and 40D).

The third (and most expensive) option would be 17-40 and 24-105, but I am not sure how to justify £600 for a 7mm wider lens.

I'd like to hear some thoughts from you guys, maybe also looking at the kind of photos I shoot most: http://500px.com/marcosero

Thanks

Marco

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow