NEW DP QUATTRO is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,636Gear list
Like?
Re: NEW DP QUATTRO is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to Auesro, 6 months ago

Auesro wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Auesro wrote:

A higher perfomance processor might enable the use of cleaner higher ISO sensitivities.

Why should it do that?

I was under the impression that a more powerful processor is able to better control noise appeareance and as a result you get cleaner higher ISO.

That would surprise me. The RAW image is as clean as it gets - long before hitting any processor.

OK - you can do some extra noise reductions for JPEG maybe, but the RAW image is as clean as the sensor and hardware allows.

As i read over the specifications of newer cameras with new generation processors that seems to be a general rule, not specific to Sigma cameras so maybe im missing something that would make it impossible for the Sigma sensor.

It has nothing to do with the sensor. No cameras use the processor to get cleaner RAW, except for black frame subtraction.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow