APSC vs FF

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Mk82
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Re: APSC vs FF vs Medium Format
In reply to Ray Maines, 10 months ago

Ray Maines wrote:

I think APS/C is a wonderful, almost magical, compromise between cost, quality and size and I've never been even remotely interested in a FF camera system with their over sized and over priced lenses.

However...

I'm kind of fascinated by the medium format cameras on the horizon. I don't much about them but they sound like they would be different enough from APS/C to make it worth having two systems.

-- hide signature --

Buy books, not gear.
Tacoma, Washington, USA

4/3 and FF are pretty similar in almost every situation (this I say as FF shooter) but you can't even compare medium format camera and FF as the difference is huge between them.

Sometimes it feels like FF users are just too poor to own a medium format camera and that's why keep so loud noise against AOSP and 4/3 cameras. Once you take a medium camera to portraits,  landscape and architecture or even Street photographing, it gives so amazing results that it is hard to go back to FF and more likely you want to get 4/3 already for next to it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow