Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 2,077Gear list
Like?
Re: NX1 rumors
In reply to ttbek, 10 months ago

ttbek wrote:

pixelpushing wrote:

But overpriced? I don't think that's a safe assumption. I bought my NX300 for $450 and 30mm on the used market for well under $200. I've never seen the 300 retail for more than $599 in brick and mortars like Best Buy,

Nah, it was retailing for 750 at Best Buy just a few months ago (even on Black Friday it didn't drop, I was looking for my camera at that time), and I think he is referring to "list price" rather than what the market price will end up being.

At my Best Buy, the price has been $449 and $499 and $599 (the most I've seen it for in the store), the further back you go. It was not $750 in December in the BB stores or on Black Friday.

Costco also has the NX2000 with kit lens and 55-200mm for $550 and has since December.

Even now it is currently listed at 650 by Best Buy and higher by some online stores like Dell ($750).

The white and brown 18-55mm NX300 kits are currently $548.99 at BB. Black is $575.99. The only one currently at $640 is the white 20-50, for whatever reason. The 20-50 black kits are currently $537.99.

The various color prices fluctuate, but it has been much cheaper than that over the past few months. Amazon has 20-50 NX300 kits for $499-575 depending on lens and color.

Newegg is at $599. I'm not trying to say the NX300 is overpriced though, it's not, but the original list price would have been a little bit steep in my opinion.

Nope, I was talking kits. I find most launch MSRPs to be a bit steep. That's why I usually wait, like with this.

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apple iPad Air
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Taffy MOD
Taffy MOD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow