Struggling with D7100

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Westmill
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: Struggling with D7100
In reply to JK5700, 7 months ago

JK5700 wrote:

I recently bought a D7100 as a backup to my D3s. I have been using the D7100 with my 500VR and AF-S 80-400VR. I am however not getting enough sharp photos with the combinations. I was doing much better with the D300s and of course the D3s.

I understand that the extra megapixels makes long lens technique more critical, but not to the extent that I am experiencing. Are there any tricks to using the D7100 that I am missing?

-- hide signature --

http://kennekam.blogspot.com/
www.pbase.com/kennekam

Yes... you need to fine adjust the lens to the camera. Ive had the same problem with 3 out of 4 lenses. You are in effect dealing with 58 million pixel density. That is what it is if you were to carry it across to FF. its a pain in the butt  You need top glass to see any of it. My Sigma 50-150 I bought... eeek ... keeper rate was perhaps 1 in 20 lol. Now it is superb and never misses. Check it out in the Nikon SLR lens talk on here where I have given it a bit of a review. Before I fine tuned it, it was simply awful

Westmill's gear list:Westmill's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow