Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spragers
Regular MemberPosts: 265
Like?
Olympus US repair experience
7 months ago

Just thought I'd share my recent experience with Olympus' repair system.  The EVF on my EM-1 went haywire, with blotches of weird color and flickering, so off it went to their repair facility in Connecticut.  After about a week and a half, I had an EM-1 back in my hands, though not the one I sent out for repair, at no cost under warranty.  So, I'm kind of disappointed that a 1-month old camera would break on its first outing, and then leave me stuck with a refurb and a 90-day warranty vs the original.  However, the refurb was also sent with a full complement of accessories, including a battery, charger, flash, strap, cables, etc.  I had tried to order a spare battery at the time of purchase and they were out of stock for so long that my order was canceled.  So, at least that makes up for the $40 it cost to ship and insure the camera.  Here's hoping I don't have to deal with the repair process again

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow