Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phoebe1
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Dumbest Question You Probably Will Be Asked All Day- Flash Control
7 months ago

Very thick headed newbie question, sorry. I'm really trying though.

Starting from scratch. Going to take new images. Actually trying to follow directions.

I want to be able to control and set the following:

1) Lowest ISO

2) Aperture "three clicks from smallest f-number"

3) White Balance is "unnecessary if shooting RAW"

4) Set picture style to Neutral

5) Maintain a lens angle at least 100mm

6) Focus, automatic is "okay"

7) Shutter speed will be used to adjust exposure so that I can capture a series of "bracketed" images

8) Use Self Timer of 2s at least

Now how the do I attain ALL these settings/options if I can't figure out how to turn OFF the FLASH in MANUAL mode? Obviously I am missing something in the direction book I have.

The little box that I see in the menu does NOT list OFF as a choice. I have gone through the shooting modes on the dial and any of the modes that allow me to turn OFF the flash don't APPEAR to allow me to set ALL the other options I have been instructed to use.  The modes that do allow the OFF choice don't seem to allow me to set my other options.

My instruction manual says you can turn OFF the flash in certain modes or OVERRIDE them by using the COMMAND DIAL which I just tried but it doesn't seem to indicate on the screen of the camera that anything is changed.

I obviously am missing something here. I keep wanting to turn off the flash in MANUAL because that makes sense, MANUAL to me means it's all MANUAL.

Appreciate the help again.

P.

-- hide signature --

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!" - Unknown

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow