Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reybabes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467
Like?
Why I cancelled my X-T1 pre-order
7 months ago

I'll say right from the start that I will someday own an X-T1. But that day is not now.

I'm a happy X-E2 shooter and only wish that it allowed for auto exposure bracketing of greater than + or - 1. There are other little niggles here and there, but I'm happy.

When I first saw the announcement for the X-T1 I jumped on the pre-order right away, convinced it was my next camera. I even began the process of listing my X-E2 on the auction site.

But this morning, I cancelled the pre-order. Here's why:

1. I truly would like a weather-sealed camera and on occasion have missed my built-like-a-tank Pentax bodies for that reason.  But the X-T1 won't really be a weather-sealed camera until there are weather-sealed lenses.  When those are available, I'll look again and ideally will be able to jump on one of those lenses as part of a kit (thus saving some $$$).

2. The ISO dial.  I actually like having ISO set to the top plate Fn button.  Truth be told, I often set it at Auto and forget it (now that there's some control around Auto ISO parameters).

3. I'd like the bigger/better EVF in the X-T1 but the one in the X-E2 is pretty good.  Until I learned that better was even possible, I was never all that disappointed in the one I had.

4. When I gave up on my DSLR gear, I concluded for the most part that I wasn't into quick focus tracking anymore and for the most part, that has worked out.  If I did want faster AF, I'd go back to a DSLR.  Maybe the X-T1 changes all that, but it remains to be seen and I'd rather not be a beta tester in that regard.  I'll wait for the real world reviews.

5. I don't mind saving some money.  (Ok, I spent that already on new lenses.  Thank you rebates!)

6. It's time to stop this gear acquisition merry-go-round at some point.  I'm trying.  Man, I'm trying.

So... I'm sure the X-T1 is awesome, but I'm going to camp out with the X-E2 for a while longer.  Maybe even a good while longer.

Anybody else thinking this way?

Thanks,

Rey

-- hide signature --

The best things in life aren't things...
Photo blog: www.2guysphoto.com
http://500px.com/reyspadoni

Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow