Penrax K3 weather sealing problem.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
James O'Neill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,939
Like?
Re: One faulty camera doesn't make a pattern (nt)
In reply to me_tarzan, 8 months ago

me_tarzan wrote:

Fair comment but it's just that in so many years of being a Pentax user (film and digital), this is the first time that I've had a new Pentax that has a glaring mechanical fault. I've seen software issues with Pentax. They were irritating but rain getting into a weatherproof camera is a fundamental fail. Pentax is such a respected name, their equipment has been used by professionals and amateurs for 60 years. I just hope that this experience of mine isn't a harbinger of Pentax's future.

Like others have said I wouldn't read too much into it.  You've had a good run with Pentax and what statistic there are don't show a lot of difference in reliability between brands.

I've read one other report of seal failure and that was - I think - a K30 it was over a year old but the fault had probably been there for the whole life of the camera, it just didn't get splashed for a while.

If the camera is new, I would demand a replacement, not a repair. If it left the factory not sealing properly I wouldn't trust a repair to put it right. Besides, if you have the only K3 where the seals failed in the field Ricoh will probably want to examine it

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow