Looking to pick up an X-A1, but I have a few questions (about the camera and lenses too).

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,314Gear list
Like?
Looking to pick up an X-A1, but I have a few questions (about the camera and lenses too).
9 months ago

I'm considering options for getting a new camera and I'm interested in user experiences on with Fuji cameras and lenses.  The X-A1 is selling for a great price and there's great deals on Fuji glass so this is one of the options I'm seriously considering.  I've always liked Fuji; owned a couple, recommended them to family and friends, and have sold many more to customers when I worked and taught classes at a local camera shop.  Anyway, I like the mirrorless cameras, I am going to be selling my A65 set up and I'm debating on a couple of options.  Among the few cameras I'm considering is the X-A1, I've looked at images, read reviews...and it looks like a fantastic camera.

So, to the questions I have:

1. Does the X-A1 (and or X-M1, also a camera I'm considering) have an electronic first curtain shutter?  The reason I ask this is because is because shutter shock was the singular reason why I didn't buy into m43 (specifically Olympus, a few years ago).  Has anyone experienced shutter shock with Fuji, or do they seem to be mostly immune to the issue?
  2. Optically, how much difference is there between the 16-50 kit lens and the next step up, the 18-55.  95% of my prints are 16x20 inches or smaller, occasionally I'll make a 20x30inch print.  I've read the reviews and it looks like the 16-50 is a very good lens overall, but with a slight drop in IQ at 35mm unless you stop it down just a bit (which is fine for me, because I'm primarily a landscape shooter anyway).

Thanks in advance to any who respond.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Fujifilm X-M1 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow