Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 Vs Nikon 18-200 (Nikon D7000)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John MSP
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 Vs Nikon 18-200 (Nikon D7000)
8 months ago

Hi friends,

I shoot with Nikon D7000 and Nikon 18-105 kit lens. I'm thinking about replacing this kit lens with either Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 or Nikon 18-200 lens. What would be your suggestions?

I've never shot with any other lens, so I don't know how good/bad Nikon 18-105 lens is. Ken Rockwell speaks very highly of Nikon 18-200 lens. But if Sigma 17-50 offers better picture quality and sharpness, I would not mind to lose that extra reach. Both lenses are equally priced. I'll surely buy the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX lens, but I would always prefer the versatility a zoom lens offers. Nikon 17-55 is too expensive for me. So it's out of question.

It has been 6 months since I learned the basics of DSLR photography. It's just my hobby and I enjoy landscape photography. I've been through reviews of these lenses and I'm leaning towards the Sigma lens. I really hope to hear your suggestions though.

Thank you.

Cheers,

John.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow