Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
m.holmes
Regular MemberPosts: 254
Like?
Lightroom: zoom bug on retina display
7 months ago

I'm inclined to think I don't know how the display scaling of MacOSX works, but let me start from the beginning.

I have a macbook pro and Lightroom 5.3.

The display is 2880x1800, and scaling is configured "with the visual look of a 1920x1200", everything looks small and I'm happy

If I save a screenshot, the image is 3840x2400.

So: my first guess was that the operating system is telling the apps that the screen canvas is 1920x1200, but secretly it renders a screen 4 times bigger, which then downscales to 2880x1800.

HOWEVER, if I open a photo in Lightroom, which is about the size of this "virtual canvas" and I set the zoom to 1:1, I SEE THE ENTIRE PICTURE ON THE SCREEN (see below).

Obviously, this is seriously wrong and physically impossible: 3500 pixels do not fit in 2880 when the zoom is 1:1, so the only explanation is that Lightroom thinks that the screen size is indeed 3840x2400, which is either a bug in Lightroom or in MacOSX.

As a consequence, I guess I should set the zoom to 1.333:1 to see the actual pixels.

Thoughts?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow