Are ANY of the AF-S Teleconverters compatible with the Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5... ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mackaydjames
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Are ANY of the AF-S Teleconverters compatible with the Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5... ?
8 months ago

I'm dealing with a bit of confusion. I've recently moved up to the very popular and effective Nikkor AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5 lens; paired with a Nikon D3100 body. Now... while reading through the user's manual for the lens, it reports, "Compatible Accessories: AF-I/ AF-S Teleconverters TC-14E/ TC-14E2, TC-17E2, TC-20E, TC-20E2, TC-20E3".
But when I visit the Nikon website and view the list of Nikkor lenses they say are ONLY compatible with any of these teleconverters, the AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5 is NOT listed (only the f/2.8) so... are any or are any of these teleconverters not compatible with this lens and, if so, does anyone have any experience using ANY of these teleconverters with this particular lens?

Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow