ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tibi1978
Senior MemberPosts: 1,257
Like?
Istanbul - Color pictures M7+Color slide
7 months ago

Hi folks,

Dropping a few colored shots from a recent trip to Istanbul. I wanted to return to this city after reading Orhan Pamuk's Istanbul book once again and of course the desire to penetrate the city's soul with my camera. Of course the environment there has changed like everywhere else in the world, especially when one looks at Ara Guler's photographies from the 50's and 60's.

Nevertheless, there is still magic around for a photographer with the fishermen line-up on the Galata bridge, the dozens of seagulls swirling around, the majestic Bosphorous, the smell of fish, the call for the prayer resonnating still in my ears and that magical sunlight bathing part of the city at sunset.

Strolling across neighbourhoods like Balat, Fener and Eyup also shares its surprises. The smell of burnt and humidity, smoke in the air, some crumbling wooden houses, but kids playing football or any other games on the streets making them living and atmospheric. Are we not saying kids make up a neighbourhood?

Shots taken on M7 using Provia slide film.

All the best

Tibor

www.tiborbudai.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tibi1978/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow