MFT Users: Do you miss the shallower depth-of-field of bigger sensor cameras?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennis Arendt
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
Re: MFT Users: Do you miss the shallower depth-of-field of bigger sensor cameras?
In reply to Superzoom2, 5 months ago

I am going to twist this around and say that, if I went to FF, I would miss the easily obtainable deeper depth of field from M43. I started digital photography with a Minolta Dimage 7 which had a much smaller sensor and I miss the depth of field that it game me sometimes. Even with the lens wide open.To get any depth with FF you have to stop so far down, giving diffraction problems and you have to ramp up ISO to keep shutter speed up, also pushing to noise issue into the equation too. Selective focus or blur can be done afterwards, but additional depth really cant unless you take several shots and blend them. I feel M43 is the best compromise to this question yet. Dont fall for the FF argument, you could take it further and say 6x6 or 4x5 or 8x10 give even less depth of field.But then you have to use F64 to get some depth, when you need it. Again, I feel we have it so good.Couldn't be happier.

-- hide signature --

Turboman

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Yes.New
Hmm.New
YesNew
YesNew
NoNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow