Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kwinnobalco
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Traveling to Italy, Paris and Normandy - Equipment Suggestions
7 months ago

I will be traveling to Italy (several cities), Paris and Normandy in April. I own a D70 with kit lens, 70-300 and 50 prime. Also have a Panasonic Lumix LX5. On recent travels to the Caribbean I have used the LX5 and been happy with the images and the convenience of such a small camera was terrific. Of course, there are some shooting situations for which the LX5 is not a good substitute for a DSLR. Because I expect my trip to Europe to be a once-in-a-lifetime event, I have been thinking a bit more about what camera to take.

On the one hand, I wouldn't mind having an excuse to upgrade my D70. On the other hand, will I regret having to carry a relatively large and heavy camera?

Also wondering if there is a small (e.g. four thirds) format camera that offers excellent image quality, manual mode, and interchangeable lenses.

All input appreciated.

kwinnobalco's gear list:kwinnobalco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow