Lenstip tests the DA 20-40 F2.8-4 Limited lens!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,819Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenstip tests the DA 20-40 F2.8-4 Limited lens!
In reply to JL Salvignol, 10 months ago

Hi, Well a lot of responses to this thread, I think it must be remembered that LensTip is super sensitive to the price of a lens and if it's not good value for money it seems to taint the whole review, quite rightly. It's resolution is well above the 18-55 kit lens by a huge margin but to get it you have to stop down to 5.6 to get a sharp image across the frame, not so great but at least you "can" get tack sharp or near tack sharp images, Pentax Forums said the borders never sharpened up at 40mm even stopped right down. So I'm pleased that the lens got a fair review!

I want value for money and the 20-40 just doesn't give it, in fact, have Pentax produced an up to the minute top flight lens for a decent price in the last few years? OK two fixed focal plastic fantastics that were still more expensive than Canikon's offerings.

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow