a7R rear LCD display defect

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Mauro
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
Re: Bad luck
In reply to Zeisschen, 5 months ago

Probably bad luck, a quality issue but if it wasn't there on arrival there was no possibility to see it before Sony delivered. one question, did you use any display protection? When you get the replacement I would suggest to use the sony display cover. I don't wanna say that this might have caused the problem but I would generally recommend it as additional protection.

I haven't been working much the last couple of weeks due to surgery and forcing myself to lay low at home. This gear hasn't gotten more than three hours pro work at two fairly quotidian nonprofit events.

To address your thoughts on screen protection, no I haven't tried to or attempted to apply any screen protector and have on order the Sony screen protector. It's on back order. I always opt for OEM gear or I don't use it in most instances.

The reason I noticed it last night was due to lighting and I decided to wipe the screen of finger marks when I then clearly saw the problem. If it was there when the camera arrived originally, I didn't see it. It seems to me a quality issue when the LCD cover is attached to its frame.

Richard Mauro's gear list:Richard Mauro's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow