Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nick_webster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,660
Like?
Very odd behaviour when using MF lenses - X-E1
9 months ago

Just had the chance to try my new X-E1 with a couple of MF lenses and I'm seeing some very odd behaviour. I used the magnified view to set focus on the 2nd tree from the left in the attached shot then when I half press the shutter the focus shifts to be nearer, and you can see that the nearest tree is more in focus than the one that should be sharp.

I'm at a loss to explain this as I've never seen this sort of thing from other mirror less cameras I've used and since the view via the LCD or EVF is taken directly off the sensor, what you see should be what you get regardless of whether the adapter is a bit off, for example.

Forgive the deeply boring photo, just a test shot to check bokeyness of lenses and also that the camera is working etc.

As you can see the nearest tree is sharply in focus whereas the tree which should be sharp is still slightly soft.

Anybody got any ideas or suggestions ? I'm deeply confused by it all ...

Nick

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow