Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,443Gear list
Like?
Re: I wonder if new silicone cover fits AW110
In reply to GlennMacGrady, 9 months ago

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

Not sure everyone saw that there is a new optional silicon cover for the new AW120. I wonder if it fits the old AW110 as thats what I have. I emailed Nikon and asked but no response yet. It looks like the new AW120 is the same on the outside so iam hoping its fits the AW110 model. I thought the AW110 model was plenty wide but an larger aperture lens is always good. Other wise it looks about the same. Here is one from my kayak camping trip with the AW110 this past summer.

-- hide signature --

Daniel, is that Georgian Bay?

Do you have any problems with moisture fogging the lens? The low prices on the AW-110 are attracting my interest for a PFD camera.

Yes thats Georgian Bay, Big McCoy Island. No fogging problems last summer at all. I used the camera on many kayak outings and many rolls and no water intrusion but I havent taken it under water to shoot. But its been under water in my pfd pocket while rolling, most of the time on purpose. I really like the video from this camera. The new AW120 isnt that much better for my purposes so I would get the old AW110 if I was looking now. I hope that silicone cover fits my 110 as that would make it easyer to grip with wet hands. My hands are always wet kayaking with a greenland paddle.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
...New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow