Banding : Lightroom related?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
CeleryBeats
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
Re: Banding : Lightroom related?
In reply to wchutt, 5 months ago

wchutt wrote:

Extreme increases in luminance (5 EV for instance) can reveal artifacts when the sensor's analog signal to noise ratio is extremely low due to high ISO settings. ISO 6400 underexposes the sensor by 5 stops compared to the base ISO (300).

Then you amplify the noise by increasing the shadow region brightness by another 5 stops.

Is anyone surprised artifacts can be seen with a 10 stop disadvantage compared to an optimal exposure of the same scene at ISO 200?

Fujifilm just can't produce a proper sensor and data stream that is artifact free when abused by 10 stops.

Of course i am very well aware of this. The problem is not so much noise or artifacts but a disturbance or mistake with the sensor. I had a birthday shoot yesterday, very poorly lit room and now i see all shots suffer from the problem in their default output. A very visible problem with my fuji from 1600iso and onwards.

Now i might have found something here. I just did some shots with my lens detached from the body. The patterns seem to have dissapeared.

lifted exposure 5 stops

lifted exposure 5 stops

So maybe a problem with the camera to lens connection.

CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Sony RX100 II Pentax K-5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow