Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
malch
Forum ProPosts: 10,683
Like?
Re: Inconveniences (?)...
In reply to Mark H, 8 months ago

Mark H wrote:

However, what we have now is the worst of all worlds. Bizarre copy protection schemes and restrictions that don't actually work (the pirates have pretty much cracked them all) but do greatly inconvenience the legit customers. That makes absolutely no sense.

So - what exactly do you consider the 'great inconvenience(s)' ?

Region codes, for example. I used to live in UK and have quite a lot of disks purchased there. My wife lived in China and we have those region coded disks too. So we obviously have to deal with PAL/NTSC as well as the region codes. We have kids who pretty good at scratching DVD's.

These are all additional reasons for ripping our disks to HDD. And that means dealing with all the rest of the copy protection nonsense.

Even the packaging, security seals, copyright warnings etc. offend as they scream "We're big corporations and don't f*** with us!". What a way to treat your customers? Ironically, the pirated copies are sans all of this crap and their users don't have to endure it at all.

Of course, all of this is surmountable. But compare it with Netflix where I cannot think of a single barrier to our full enjoyment of the service.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow