Lenstip tests the DA 20-40 F2.8-4 Limited lens!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,554Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenstip tests the DA 20-40 F2.8-4 Limited lens!
In reply to Walt_A, 8 months ago

Walt_A wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Hi guys,

After a disappointing review of this lens on Pentax Forums in terms of their results at the 40mm end regarding edge performance, I'm pleased to see the review from my favourite site LensTip has just been published, here's the link!

http://www.lenstip.com/2078-news-Pentax_HD_DA_20-40_mm_f_2.8-4.0_ED_Limited_DC_WR_-_lens_review.html

Pretty negative. However, while the people at lenstip looks quite competent and knowledgeable, I have a hard time believing a site which claims the DA21 is sharper than the DA70.

I guess that with all these reviews, you don't know much about a lens until you use one yourself.

I haven't recently read these tests and am therefore not aware if the claim they 21 is sharper than the 70, however are you aware they were tested on different cameras? K10D and K-5 so you cannot compare the image resolution figures directly?

Agreed Walt, Don't compare K-5 vs K10d numbers, it makes no sense. If you do, make sure you use the same lens to calibrate between the two sets of numbers to know what the peak lp/mm will look like for that test setup.

Lens tips 21mm test is higher lp/mm because it is on the K-5 and the DA 70mm was on the K10D.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow