Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cincy
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Input on decision
5 months ago

I have around 1000 to spend on my photography hobby and am deciding between two options. Order the new Tamron 150-600 or upgrade to an A77. I currently have and enjoy using an A57 with the following glass: Sigma 10-20, Tamron 28-70, Tamron 90mm macro, Tamron 75-300. I primarily take outdoor nature shots, landscapes, birds, my kids and some macro. I would love to get the extra reach the 600 mm lens would provide, but the a77 would give me more room to grow in the hobby and with the higher resolution, I could crop and get some more "reach" without losing detail. I'm not worried that the A77 is a few years old or that the future of A mount is in limbo.

So if you have any input on my snowy Sunday musings, let me know. I'm very fortunate to have this "problem", I know!

Cincy's gear list:Cincy's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow