2 months ago

I recently implemented a new iMac based setup for Aperture:

· iMac 27”

· 3.5Ghz

· 16MB RAM

· 3TB Fusion Drive

· GTX 775M 2GB

· Thunderbolt display

Overall the setup is functioning very nicely, however there is one thing I am not completely happy with. When using Aperture in dual display mode, there is a slight lag in menu and UI performance. While slight, the performance is noticeably different that using Aperture with the main iMac display only. I do want performance to be flawless when using the dual display setup.

I am not a gamer and do not do 3d work, so I assumed that the base NVDIA GTX 775M 2GB would be more than adequate to drive Aperture via dual display. I am wondering if upgrading to the GTX 780M 4GB will eliminate this performance nit? I can’t imagine what the issue could be otherwise.

I am still within my return window and am considering ordering the same setup with the 4GB to test this out. As a side note, the fusion drive rocks. I was skeptical as I am coming from an all flash/SSD setup on a MBPR, however the fusion drive (already with 1 TB of data on it) works every bit as well so far.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow