Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
chillzatl
Regular MemberPosts: 427
Like?
Re: Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...
In reply to Fred Briggs, 10 months ago

Fred Briggs wrote:

My most recent acquisition is an Asus T100 which is a very neat device. This is a fully fledged Windows 8 10" tablet/laptop running the full version of Windows which, unlike the limited Windows RT on some similar devices, can run normal Windows applications like Lightroom. When connected to the keyboard it is a fully functional laptop, when disconnected it is a slim 10" Windows tablet. The keyboard unit has a full sized USB 3.0 socket which means you can plug a fast USD 3.0 card reader into it to download photos. We also use this to plug into a USB 3.0 docking station which allows my wife to connect a full sized monitor and keyboard/mouse so that she can use this at her desk as her home PC.

The only problem with this device is that the base model only has a 32GB SSD which does not have enough spare space to backup lots of photos, though it can be upgraded by up 64GB with the onboard MicroSD slot. There is also a 64GB SSD model, and I got the variant of this which also has a further 500GB conventional HDD housed in the detachable keyboard, so obviously only usable when the keyboard is attached. This runs Adobe Lightroom entirely satisfactorily for use away from home to review photos and do some editing.

Fred

-- hide signature --

"We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

I would second this. The T100 is essentially the same system as the Venue 11 pro with the only major difference being that the keyboard dock doesn't have additional battery capacity. It's a good bit cheaper though and includes the keyboard dock where the VP11 doesn't, and at a lower price. It's a good best of both worlds solution.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow