Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
Why are everyone else's images better?
10 months ago

There is an old sane in photography that a photographers work is far better then anyone else and that most of their images are horrible. While I agree that some of my friends images are in some cases just awful, I seem to be developing a strong hatred for my own work and that everyone else' images are far superior.

A few months ago i had a similar problem where i would go out on a photowalk and take 300 images in 8 hours and wonder why they were not good. I put the lack of good results down to the sheer amount of images taken and that each image was not considered. I have since changed my shooting habits and style and on recent day trip with several friends I took just 18 images over a 8 hour period. However even these images were in my opinion inferior to my friends.

I was also recently sorting out all my images on my HDD and discovered that images only 6 months ago were classed as good are now in my opinion mediocre. I also feel that i have not taken a good image this year yet and that each image that I do take does not turn out as well as i was expecting. Now i cannot blame my lack of good images on my equipment because A) a tradesman never blames his tool and B) because i have a D7100 which is one of the best DX cameras out there.

So why is it that now every image i take (or have taken) is a piece of junk and that images that other people (friends, family, etc) take are far better.

Thanks

Shutterbug013

A few recent images taken by myself

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow