Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,641Gear list
Like?
Why I bought my 2nd X-S1
2 months ago

Being an early adopter, I bought an X-S1 when they first came out.  It had the perfect set of specs for me.  Unfortunately, it had the orb and the lens droop problem.  Sold it, and forgot it.

Now I'm planning for a trip to Galapagos next month.  This involves some superb photo ops, but also a very strong potential for water damage to your gear.  I was planning to take both my GH3 with 12-35mm, 35-100mm, and 100-300mm  PLUS my GX7 with 14-140mm and 20mm as a backup.  I was going nuts trying to figure how to carry this safely, even to the point of a potential dunking.

This morning I gave up and ordered an X-S1.  In reading here, most of the orb and droop issues should be gone.  With no lens changes, no dirty sensor, either.  And the whole thing will fit in a plastic baggie for waterproofing.  Excellent!

Now to hope that my past experience with the X-S1, as well as my current experience with my XF1, will help with settings etc.  I still have 3 weeks to get ready....

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow