Re: NX1 rumors
In reply to Taffy, 5 months ago

Taffy wrote:

Raw Jaw wrote:

Taffy wrote:

pixelpushing wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

'Samsung NX1 will be announced in autumn (Photokina) with a 28MP APS-C sensor and 4k video recording capabilities. The camera will be weather sealed and will run on the Android OS.'

I hope they are wrong about android as an os.

I'd much prefer Android over what the NX300 has. In fact, I'd prefer almost anything over that.

Well I have the NX300, and a Galaxy NX. The 300, as everyone knows has a Tizen OS, while the Galaxy NX has the Android OS. The NX300's OS is head and shoulders above the Android system, IMO. Tha Android is too slow to start, is to power hungry. Despit the Galaxy NX having a lrger battery, it has a much reduced shooting life, when compared to the NX300. With all uneccessary items disabled in the NX300, and juducious use on the on/off control, I can get a full day's shooting and hudreds of pics out of the 300. Using the Galaxy NX with its larger battery, turniing off every uneccassary thing in the camera, i.e. using it only ti take photo's, I can only get around 4 hours of use before it warns me of having a low battery. No, I would take the 300 over a Galaxy NX any day. I also prefer the style, abd size of the NX300. Of course, this is my preference, and I'm listing MY dislikes, but YMMV.

-- hide signature --

Have a good day.
Regards, Allan.

I use my NX 300 with my Nexus 7 tablet with an Eye-Fi card.

I enjoy the best of both Tizen and Androd and can shoot and transfer Raw on the go.

I can see how it would be beneficial in that way. But, as far as I am concerned to use Android in a camera is a big no, no. It is to slow, to cinvoluted and to poer draining. One could nor use a camera spontaneously with Android as an OS, Whereas it is possible with Tizen.

I agree.

I would like to see some Youtube videos on the NX30 operating on the Smart Camera App on Android.

My only real problem with my NX300 is it gets very hot at times. So hot that I switch batteries to help cool it down, A revised NX300 needs an improved heat sink system.

I have no such problems with mine, is it anything to do with your Eye-fi card? i used my NX300 all day in summer heat shooting at the seaside with no trouble at all.

That could be, I never thought of that.

I will run with and without the Eye-fi and see if there is a difference. Or maybe it is just my camera.

If warranted will report on a new thread.

I am glad you don't have the heat problem and it is not an NX 300 'problem',

-- hide signature --

Have a good day.
Regards, Allan.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Taffy MOD
Taffy MOD
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow