Northlight Images thinks the "G2X" image is a fake...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,043Gear list
Like?
Northlight Images thinks the "G2X" image is a fake...
7 months ago

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/mirrorless.html
I've already noted this but it would appear others have come to the same conclusion.

[QUOTE]: "In the largest image we were sent (thanks) it's noticeable that the camera body seems to show camera shake whilst the lens and OVF are pin sharp.This one appears to be the same as the one sent to CR before they applied their watermark (checked with PS and there is no sign of the mark in the version we were sent). However, look further and I believe it's a FAKE (note the abrupt end of the zoom ring)."

"Still, lots of sites seem to have rushed to accepting it...".

Just sayin'.
But hows this for Viral:  [hypothetical only]: Canon deliberately leak a poorly Photoshopped image of an upcoming camera onto the internet in order to generate discussion. 
I don't know why they'd do that.  But someone seems pretty convinced (yes, Jen, you) that this is a real thing.  The thing is, the last time someone leaked a Canon PowerShot image (me), it cost someone here on DPrevew their job when Canon hunted them down and demanded their removal.  So I don't think Jen is leaking into... just reposing what has already been leaked onto that nameless site of often baseless rumors. 
I do seem to remember a discussion with a Canon CEO in Japan about a year ago where he said the G1X was an interesting experiment and that Canon were quite disappointed in the sales.  Prior to this it was mentioned several times that the G1X was simply an indulgence for one of the design teams

The picture below, for those who have never seen it before, is the G1X Design team who developed the G1X.  They were given enough leeway to produce a "proof of concept" camera (which they called the G1X) which was built on the design structure of the G-Series platform.

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow