ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
salla30
Senior MemberPosts: 2,445Gear list
Like?
Life in the old dog yet?
8 months ago

Hi

I am pondering whether to go for the A7 with kit lens or get the SEL 35F18 lens to breathe new life into my ageing Nex 5n, which just has not had a look in, since purchasing my RX100ii (fabulous camera). I do find, however,  I don't take a lot of inside pics of family due to low light (old chalet, small windows, low ambient lighting) and noise apparent with the RX100ii, and the slower kit lens of the NEX 5n equally equates to a lot of noise when pushed to iso 3200.

It's a significant investment for me to consider the A7 (around 1700 chf) as opposed to the SEL lens (around 400 chf).

Question is, will I get similar performance from the A7 in low light using the kit lens or am i better off with the faster SEL lens on my NEX 5N? Will I be left wanting as regards reach?

I have an addition variable to consider; ie family issues (warranting spending so much on a new camera when there are obvious bills to pay, etc).

But the A7 is so tempting. So am seeking some pointers to help me decide if I will be happy with the Nex with fast prime or if the A7 is just a "must have" device!

Thanks in advance for all replies.

-- hide signature --
 salla30's gear list:salla30's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow