ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SpeedyGonzalys
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
AF speed and accuracy
9 months ago

Hi Joms,

Few days ago, you contiributed in the canon forum about AF problems, and i had some additional questions for you, but i guess you missed them, or didnt want to talk about it in the Canon forum, so i placed it here

quote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

Keep on dreaming; it's not going to happen. You might see an improvement in AF with the next SXxx camera with a Digic 6 (or higher) processor. If you want fast AF you need to look to the Panasonic FZ series, which smokes Canon in AF speed - but at a cost of zoom length.

Or you can look at HS50 which has the fastest AF in superzoom (talk about 0.05s versus 0.1x of FZ). Speed in framing thru manual zoom, speed in AF, speed in write time, quite long reach and excellent handling and build.

-=[ Joms ]=-

Hi Joms,

I know you do alot of "research" to so here are my questions:

Where did you get these numbers from? 0.05 and 0.1 ?

Is that at Wide? or also at medium and max zoom?? same numbers?

I know my FZ150 still locks fast in dark enviroment, (lol, even without support light ) is that the same with the Fuji?

And how bout accuracy? do you know / have information about accuracy differances between these 2 ??

tia

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you have links to your information

regards,

speedy

SpeedyGonzalys's gear list:SpeedyGonzalys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS-1D C Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow