ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,481Gear list
Like?
A7 exposure modes severely flawed with AutoISO
5 months ago
  • Shutter speed priority sticks to f/4, even with the 55/18!
  • Program mode sticks to 1/60 and f/4, regardless of lens used. Programs shift doesn't work either - when selecting a larger aperture, it always will raise the shutter speed and not lower the ISO.
  • Aperture priority will raise the ISO all the way to the maximum before lowering shutter speed under 1/60 with any lens or focal length!

Sony needs to fix this ASAP with a firmware update! I have this working perfectly with every other camera (even my compact cameras RX100 and Canon S95 can do this perfectly right, not to mention all my DSLRs). I don't expect to see this sort of mistakes on a camera of this level. AutoISO is one of the very best features of modern digital cameras, but somehow Sony was able to mess it up here, even though they get it right for compacts.

Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow