ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
net1994
Contributing MemberPosts: 521
Like?
Suggest Photography ideas in New Mexico
10 months ago

Hello all,

I will be traveling to New Mexico in the second week of April. I am a big photographer and relish moving around the state to get some landscape and night time shots in. I will start out in Albuquerque. I was thinking of driving south to White Sands (dunes) national monument. I'm sure thee are many opportunities in between these to spots. I am not interested at all in visiting Carlsbad Caverns or Mesa Verde in Co. Will rent a car and be in the state for 5-7 days.  No kids and my D800 will be there.

A few questions:
1. At White Sands, do they 'close' the park down at night? I would love to do some night photography there with the starts above the white sands. If the park is closed I have no problem hiking 1-3 miles (one way) from a nearby road, if possible?

2. Can you think of any other interesting places to drive from Albuquerque? If I decide I do not want to go to white sands, suggest other options for night time, landscapes or Black and White photos.

-- hide signature --

My Photography website = Happy time for your eyes:
http://www.paintbypixels.com

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow