Buy OMD E-M10? Sony RX100 ii? Or keep my Fuji x100?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mlam929
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Buy OMD E-M10? Sony RX100 ii? Or keep my Fuji x100?
7 months ago

Hi guys,

I have a canon 5d3 with bunch of lens, but I rarely use it because I've been getting lazy in recent years.

I bought a X100 few years ago, and liked the quality very much..... when it captures the images..... great with non moving objects.. but with my son running around.. it's very hit or miss...

Lately, I saw the announcement of OMD e-m10 and is quite intrigued.  It seems to have fast performance, and great IQ ...

With my SLR as the backup, my main critieria nowadays is small size (so hopefully I will bring it with me all the time), great IQ and low light capability, and hopefully good bokeh when the time i want to at least not look like I'm totally just doing snapshots....

My subjects would mostly just be my day to day life with my family (4 & 1 year old kid)

My friend has the RX100ii, and she loves it.  The camera seems to meet a lot of my criteria.. except I don't know how great it is to produce shots (portraits, food) with good bokeh

However, even if I buy the e-m10, I am probably just going to stick with the pancake zoom lens..  given i already have the SLR, I'm not really planning to invest too heavily in another set of lens.....

The RX100ii lens is much faster (1.8) than OMD kit lens (3.5)... so the bokeh argument may not be that big a diff..  they may be comparable

I hated my x100 for awhile because of its slowness. but i also just upgrade the firmware.. and it makes it better.. not great... but tolerable....

So back to the subject....  buy em10? rx100ii? or just keep my x100?

Thanks guys

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow