A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
socode
Regular MemberPosts: 355
Like?
Can Replicate on DSLR
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 7 months ago

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

I tested my A7r this morning. Took off the lens, installed the body cap and took a 30 second ISO25600 shot. No light leaks. I also don't see any gap between the orange ring and the silver mount. I did this in a well lit room with the blinds open and it was sunny outside.

I see some are mounting their FE lens first and then trying to make it leak. How do you know light is simply not getting around the lens cap? They never look light tight to me.

Greg.

I think you're right. As a followup - I did the same test with A7R, lens, body cap only, and the same again on a couple of Canon DSLRs. One E-mount lens adapter shows up badly and is for the bin. Nothing shows without a lens attached.

All the cameras show the faintest ghosts at 30''/max ISO with lenses attached. I'm not going to worry about it, since for years I've obviously had a camera which is not perfectly light tight, at long exposures, high ISO, when I'm shining bright lights around the lens mount. Should be easy to avoid  If ever stacking, I presume I'll shade/drape the body.

If anyone can report on the Novoflex FD adapters I'd be interested.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow