Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
InspecterJones
Forum MemberPosts: 73
Like?
Re: Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...
In reply to Mel Snyder, 7 months ago

I would just like to add the ipad is the only tablet currently that can't just read files off an external sdcard. If you plug it in (with the lightning to sd adapter) you can only see thumbnails and must import before viewing in full or even thinking of editing. This is the most major letdown for being owner of an ipad, but it is to be expected as Apple doesnt want you to have any sort of workable external storage. Typical anti-consumer apple b*llsh*t. That being said, it's quite a nice device. I'm considering getting the Nexus 10 when they refresh it soon - assuming the screen will be on par. The biggest problem with Android tablets is that the quality is all over the map. Windows pro tablets are pretty tempting although I haven't really seen one below $500 and with a high quality screen, but being able to run full Lightroom and Photoshop on a tablet would be pretty damn sweet if you ask me. The dell venue pro has been as low as $199 but I can't speak for its quality from a photographers point of view. People seem to love them though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow