Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Big One
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,361Gear list
Like?
Train Man (D60 + Sigma 30/1.4)
5 months ago

Some shots from my new D60, with Sigma 30/1.4 lens shot wide open. Processed minimally in LR4, with colors calibrated using ColorChecker. There is a noticeable difference in the blues between the calibrated version as compared with either Adobe Standard (blues have much more of a green tint) and even compared to the various D2X modes (although these are much closer than Adobe Standard).

I am actually quite liking the D60 + Sigma 30 combination... the size is just about perfect for a light carry camera, and the My Menu implementation on the D60 is very nice - instead of building yet another menu, you turn off items from the normal menus. I have almost everything turned off, other than the stuff that I use day to day: format card, ISO settings, stuff like that. Still not quite as easy to reset things as the D7000's U1 / U2 settings, but when there are only 4 or 5 things you can change, it is not much effort to remember to switch them back when you are done.  When you have to menu dive, there is at most one page of settings for each sub menu. 10MP is more than enough for most things (I would have no problems printing portraits at 12x18"). The center autofocus point is pretty much dead on. Sure, it doesn't do high ISO, but that encourages me to use a flash, which gives better images indoors regardless of how high your ISO can go.

Cheers

The Big One's gear list:The Big One's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Nikon D2X Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow