*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,048Gear list
Like?
Re: The Cloisters
In reply to Bob Tullis, 9 months ago

Bob Tullis wrote:

I've never touched the Aspect slider before, just as a lark to put a little crop on the sides I thought to stretch it wider. That allowed the rim of the arch to be pulled down and revealed as is shown above. Cool. I think it makes all the difference, and more so it doesn't look odd for doing so. Or does it, for you?

I don't say this much, but it's implied for any showing that any critical observations are always invited.

The arch at the top looks great. I took a look and found the aspect slider in Lightroom. I will be trying that in the future because I've run into similar problems with things getting cropped when aligning. Now I have something else to try.

I don't know what it actually looks like but to me the column on the right, closest to the camera, isn't quite straight up and down, making the opening down near the stairs appear to be slightly wider than the opening up near the crucifix. That may just be because of the angle you are shooting from but I wanted to mention that I noticed it.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow