7D USB port suddenly didn't function

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Sherwin V Ubaldo
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D USB port suddenly didn't function
In reply to Canon2, 7 months ago

Canon2 wrote:

I also have 7D USB trouble. However I have a work around procedure that helps in my case. Perhaps it works for you too? I had a 5DM2 and a 7D. I never had any problems with EOS utility and USB connection with any of the cameras. I switched the 5DM2 for a 5DM3. So I reinstalled all Canon software incl. EOS utility. USB connection with 5DM3 works fine. However when I connect the 7D and switch the camera on nothing happens. It does not help to start EOS utility manually. It will never connect to the camera. So this is my procedure: Connect the 7d and switch it on. The only thing that happens now is that the PC indicates by sound that a USB device has been connected. Don't touch anything, just wait. After 1-2 minutes the PC indicates by sound that a USB device has been disconnected! Now switch the camera off and on again and EOS utility works just as it should have done in the first place.

Crossfingers... I hope this one will work on mine too! Thanks Canon2 for sharing this. I'll let you know!

-- hide signature --

Just do your best at all times. Sick or not.

Sherwin V Ubaldo's gear list:Sherwin V Ubaldo's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow