APSC vs FF

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
SQLGuy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,765Gear list
Like?
Re: APSC vs FF
In reply to Jabez02, 8 months ago

Jabez02 wrote:

If you are only wanting to use T / S functions for every so often for special projects then you could use software such as DxO ViewPoint 2.

It;s a lot cheaper than a Canon 17 or 24mm. Like with all software manipulation you will loose some pixels doing so, but if you start with a well exposed and sharply focused 24MP or 36MP then you won't notice a lot of difference.

Mostly true. Especially for shift. For some tilt applications, you have to use hardware. An example would be something like this shot:

Canon FD 55/1.2 Aspherical @1.2

If I'd wanted to to turn the subject so it was not perpendicular to the camera, but I still wanted to keep it in focus across its face, and still use the same large aperture, I would need to tilt the lens to match the focal plane to the alignment of the subject.

With software, and a bit of work, I could achieve the same effect only if I were able to shoot at a much smaller aperture, and then selectively blur areas not in the simulated plane of focus.

-- hide signature --

A7 with kit lens and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 A3000 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow