Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TerryAnderson
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
Decided to give a different focusing screen in my Df
6 months ago

After purchasing a Nikon Df three weeks ago, I finally came to the decision to change the focus screen for macro photography, and my older AIs lens something I have struggled with both my D800, D4 and the Df. I have read that many others who were thinking about this DSLR felt that it should have come with a manual focus screen.

So I finally came to the decision to buy a new focusing screen and change it out. I purchased the Canon Ec CZ6-0554 split focusing screen from http://www.focusingscreen.com

This was the first time I had tried to change out a focus screen and I did run into some trouble as the directions were clear but also for changing on a Canon camera. After scratching the original screen with a small slip, I decided to use the youtube video for a focus screen change on a Nikon D70. It made things much clearer and it was a snap after that.

After changing it out two days ago, I really love it! My 24 f3.5 ED PC-E, 50 f1.2, 55 f2.8 and 100 2.8 are much easier to use and I have found the manual focus green dot can be a little off. Sure glad I made this purchase.

Now waiting for the one I purchased for the D800.

-- hide signature --

All the best and keep on shooting
Terry Anderson
Boston West Photography

TerryAnderson's gear list:TerryAnderson's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D90 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 +27 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D70 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow