Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
formerfilmpro
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
P7700 ISO display question.
7 months ago

As a means of introduction, I was a pro doing technical and marketing photography, large and small format, from the late 70's to early 90's in the glorious days of film. That said, I'm a novice to digital having an old Sony DSC-H2 and a more recent Nikon L610. The L610 is nice and has its place but the lack of any manual control was frustrating.

After much research, including dpreview.com, I recently purchased a refurbished P7700 and so far so good even though I have only begun to explore its potential. Yes, I've read and re-read parts of the manual, but I'm still left with questions.  I am confident that the David Busch manual, on order, will answer many of them.

However, in the meantime, does anyone know of a way to have the P7700 display the ISO number along with aperture and shutter speed in the shooting frame? I know I can check the ISO that the camera used in playback of a recorded image, but having that knowledge before I shoot would harken back to Nikon 35mm film days when a meter reading was visible in the viewfinder. Call me a film throwback.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

formerfilmpro's gear list:formerfilmpro's gear list
Nikon Coolpix L610 Nikon Coolpix P7700
Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow