Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lattimer
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Best "dumb" adapters for A7R?
5 months ago

I have the Metabones III for Canon EF. It works well with my Sigma 50 mm lens, although the autofocus is slow. Yesterday I received a SamYang and 14 mm ultra-wide, which I ordered in the Canon mount as well. I figure I can use it on my friends' Canon cameras should the opportunity ever arise. And apparently the Sony versions are the same lens with an adapter built-in anyway.

I was wondering if there are any dumb adapters for the Canon mount  that will be compatible with the full frame of the  A7R.  Since it is a fully manual lens,  I don't think I will need the fancy Metabones adapter, and was considering buying a cheap dumb adapter and leaving it attached to the lens for the sake of convenience as long as it will cover the entire full frame sensor.

I know there are multiple cheap Canon to E mount adapters,  but most list the various  NEX  cameras in their specifications without mention of the  A7/A7R.

Lattimer's gear list:Lattimer's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow