EM-1 uses Panasonic sensor per Chipworks

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
BushmanOrig
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-1 uses Panasonic sensor per Chipworks
In reply to Bluephotons, 7 months ago

I did not get the perception that the GH3 were a great success story for Panasonic, reading the preview on the GH4, I do not see it to change the situation much...... The GH4 is clearly build for video proffesionals and not for photographers or hobby photographers. For example I see no reason for an E-M1/10/5 owner to change over to the GH4 for IQ reasons.......

Panasonic urgently needs to build a new product identity with which photographers can identify.... Olympus has filled that space and they building entry barriers fast.....

I cannot help to recall how Panasonic kept the GH2 16MP sensor away from Olympus and how Olympus had to be satisfied with the outdated 13MP sensor. I read that Panasonic arrogantly commented on the situation at the time....

For most of us older Olympus customers we were happy that the E-M5 came out with a very capable Sony sensor........holding onto technology to protect your own territory is an indication of weakness.....and that shows today....

Olympus went through their own difficulties and mistakes but learned I belief.....I really hope they stay on track and continue to develop great photographic equipment.....

Siegfried

-- hide signature --

I love equipment..........and photography....

BushmanOrig's gear list:BushmanOrig's gear list
Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS M Olympus E-M1 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow