High quality compact to complement M4/3 system - any thoughts?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeff Tokayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,904
Like?
Re: High quality compact to complement M4/3 system - any thoughts?
In reply to Tapper123, 5 months ago

Tapper123 wrote:

Jeff Tokayer wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

i get better results with the RX 100 II then with the E M1(returned) and or E P5.

Ha ha ha

-- hide signature --

My nickel, since the penny is being discontinued...
Jeff.

Don't laugh!

Sony's 1" sensor often comes amazingly close to M43 in overall output. And if indeed EM series suffers from the infamous shutter shock issue, then I can believe he experienced sharper shots from the RX sometimes.

Another troll. Since when does the EMx suffer from SS? Check the Sony forum for SS on the A7r before spewing misinformation in this forum. I shot an EM5 for 18 months without a hint of SS. My EP5 and EM1 are free from the SS curse.

I'm not going to claim the RX sensor is magic or anything, but it is often really surprisingly good and the lens is also often surprisingly sharp. In my own experience I recall finding shots taken with an RX100 to be sharper and cleaner than those taken with an EM5 +12-60.

The 12-60 is one fantastic lens. On the EM5 it could be a pig of a lens when AFing. The lens was designed for PDAF, not CDAF. Very poor analogy. I'm currently using the 12-60 with my EM1 and I can assure you that no RX100 can outperform it.

There's a reason the RX series is so highly regarded. They really are pretty special cameras for what they offer.

My GR is just as special.

-- hide signature --

My nickel, since the penny is being discontinued...
Jeff.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow